Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Summer

Okay, so I have been a slacker and haven't posted anything all summer. We really have had a great summer. I didn't take as many pictures as I should have.

The last day of Boe's kindergarten, they did the play Peter Rabbit. Boe was Mr. McGregor and he did a really good job. He had all of his lines memorized, and his teacher kept telling the other kids to speak up as loud as Boe.


This was Boe's kindergarten teacher Mrs. Barzee. She was amazing! Boe learned how to read and became very advanced in math. Now he is in first grade and is doing wonderful because he was so well prepared.

When school got out, we went down to Sarah's house for Lindee's baby blessing. It was a lot of fun getting to see them and Kamber couldn't get enough of Lindee.

After the baby blessing, swimming lessons began. We took them at Green Canyon. It was a lot of fun because we went up there and camped for a week and the kids had swimming lessons twice a day. They really learned a lot when they had them so often. Boe and his cousing Kyle got to be in the same class.



Kamber didn't get to take swimming lessons this year because, as you can see, she broke her arm. So, she got to be the picture girl. She took over 500 pictures that week! Mostly of any random kid she saw in the pool. Also another main subject was her baby cousin Hannah. I think half of them were of her. At least she had fun and wasn't too disappointed that she didn't get to go swimming. We are signed up again for next year, so hopefully nothing happens to prevent her from taking them!



After swimming lessons, Dan's brother Brent and his family came down from Canada for a visit. My kids had a lot of fun swimming and playing with their cousins Savannah and David.



We have done a ton of camping this summer. It has been so much fun. Dan mowed lawns once a week, so we had a lot of time to spend together. This has definatly been my favorite summer since we have been married. I only took pictures of one camping trip, but I wish I would have taken them of all of them. This is Boe and my neice Marrissa hunting for crawdads!



This is my brother Shay all ready with the bucket to put in their catch!


They were all very successful! Even Kamber got brave enough to catch them.


I had never cooked crawdads before, but the kids wanted to eat them. So, I boiled them in a pot like you would crabs and when they got bright red we ate them. The kids and Dan really liked them. They were a little too fishy for me.

While we were up in Island Park we went up to Mesa Falls. It is so pretty up there and we had a great time.

I am sad to see another summer come to an end, but we have made a lot of fun memories. I had my 10 year reunion this summer and it was so much fun to get reconnected with old friends. We also took our kids to Roaring Springs in Boise. What a fun time we had! There were lots of slides that you went down in pairs or in a group of four so our whole family could go.

School has started again and that means I won't see Dan until summer. But that's alright, especially if we can have another summer like this one next year!!!

1 comment:

simplycreating said...

It looks like you had a wonderful summer. We can't wait for the BYU game. Oh and I love your hair.